Why You Should Launch a Podcast
Have you thought about launching a podcast for your business, nonprofit or for yourself? Here are six reasons to launch a podcast:
- You can make money. Once you grow your audience, you can sell sponsorships and advertisements to monetize your podcast.
- It’s easy. Starting – and running – a podcast requires minimal investment and is relatively simple to get up and running.
- It’s intimate. Podcasts are more intimate than writing a blog. Potential customers actually get to hear your voice – and your guest’s. People are more likely to like and trust you in this format and podcast listeners tend to be very engaged.
- You’re growing your audience – and your guest’s. Your guest is likely to share about your show on their social medias, increasing your reach. Your guest may also refer you to potential new customers down the road.
- Listeners are loyal –In 2018, 44 percent of people in the U.S. (about 124 million) listened to a podcast; 26 percent (73 million) listen monthly; and 17 percent (48 million) listen each and every week.
- Podcasts increase traffic to your website, where your listeners can find out more about your story and the products and services you offer.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Sohn Social Media Solutions is delighted to bring Joe Casabona to the award-winning Stourbridge Project from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 27 to present the “Everything You Need to Launch Your Podcast” workshop.
In 2018, there was a common repeated phrase: “podcasting is the new blogging.” 2019 is the year to launch your podcast. In this workshop, you will learn everything you need to know, from choosing a name and finding the right equipment, to launching your first episode and submitting to iTunes. In just two hours, you’ll have everything you need to launch your podcast.
The podcast workshop is appropriate for anyone interested in learning how to start a podcast – entrepreneurs, small business owners, coaches, consultants, nonprofit organizations, marketers, authors, etc…
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Joe Casabona is a college course developer and professor. He also has his master’s degree in Software Engineering, is a front end developer and hosts multiple podcasts.
Joe started freelancing in 2002, and has been a teacher at the college level for over 10 years. His passion in both areas has driven him to build Creator Courses, a school for those who want to create online businesses.
As a big proponent of learning by doing, he loves creating focused, task-driven courses to help students build something. When he’s not teaching, he’s interviewing people for his podcast, How I Built It.
Cost of the podcast workshop is $35, and pre-registration is required.
If you have any questions, contact Tim Sohn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-255-8110.